The Soudobeam oxygen lance employs laminar flow technology, combining focusing of the oxygen jet and heightened cooling, for greater penetration into the bath, with operational stability throughout its long service life.
Boasting excellent technological integration, thanks to the operational performance it displays, the Soudobeam blowing nozzle can be said to be a premium product. It is a source of reliability and replicability for steel-makers using EAF.
The high-density supersonic jet gives deep penetration of oxygen to increase agitation of the bath and its thermo-chemical reactivity in order to improve yields.
- Quicker decarburization
- Reduction of iron loss in the slag
- Uniformity of bath composition
A penetrating oxygen jet activates the core of the bath and retains the heat for higher heating power, producing shorter steel-making processes.
- Reduction of oxygen consumption
- Decrease in electricity consumption
- Uniformity of bath temperature
The innovative design considerably slows the wear of the tuyeres to provide stable blowing performance throughout the long service life of the lance tip.
- Invariable blowing quality during long service life
- Can cope with variations in oxygen flow and positioning
- Decrease in projections and wear of the refractory lining